This season, we saw over 1,500 gray whales, and last summer we saw over 750 blue whales. Every trip is a new experience, so be sure to come out often!
Whale & Dolphin Watching Tours
Dana Wharf whale watching began in 1971 and was the first whale watching company in Orange County. We are the premier year-round whale watching facility in Southern California. If you want to whale watch, do it from Dana Point with Dana Wharf, the industry pioneers.
March 7th, 8th, 14th, or 15th have special whale watching trips! Trips every hour from 8 AM to 4PM; the 8AM trip is $15 per person! Special guest lectures and kids’ art lessons also available!
Whale Watching & Event Specials
Whale Watching Log
What will you see on your whale watching trip?
Whale Watching Info
Every trip is a new experience, so be sure to come out often! See wildlife such as:
- Gray whales (November – May) – These friendly whales are up to 65 feet long!
- Blue whales (May – November) – They can grow up to 100 feet long and weigh up to 100 tons – you will not believe your eyes if you’re lucky enough to see one of these impressive marine mammals!
- These whales visit year-round – fin whales, humpback whales, minke whales, and more.
- Dolphins – Take memorable photos as schools of playful dolphins frolic around the boat!
- Sea lions, pelicans, and other seafaring birds, plus possible sightings of sharks (mako, hammerhead, and great white)
Take Care of the Environment
Balloons Blow provides information to educate people about the destructive effects released balloons have on animals, people, and the environment, and strives to inspire and promote an eco-conscious lifestyle.
For more information, visit https://balloonsblow.org
Also, we’ve seen an increasing amount of plastic pollution on our adventures. Plastic is not only clogging our landfills but is also finding its way into our waterways and oceans at an unprecedented rate. For more information, visit COSTA SUNGLASSES Kick Plastic to help reduce the amount of plastic we use and to mobilize a movement.
Dana Point Whale Watching Adventures
Dana Wharf Sportfishing is proud to be a charter member of SAC, the Sportfishing Association of California. Dana Wharf Sportfishing and SAC are committed to the recreational sportfisherman, and you can also help by becoming a supporting member and participating in annual SAC events.