Experience premier year-round whale watching in the Whale Watching Capital of the World® with the true pioneers of the industry.
Dana Point Whale Watching & Dolphin Tours
Dana Wharf Whale Watching began in 1971 and was the first whale watching company in Orange County. We are the premier year-round whale watching facility in Southern California. If you want to whale watch, do it from Dana Point with Dana Wharf, the industry pioneers. Interested in a School Field Trip? We’d love to host you!
The Lot’ A Fun, a one-level vessel, has unobstructed viewing areas, covered and uncovered, with seating throughout. The stable platform of the catamaran is ideal for ocean travel and low marine life interference.
Whale Watching & Event Specials
Do you have company coming into town and don’t know what day to book? No worries, we have you covered!
Whale Watching Log
What will you see on your whale watching trip?
Whale Watching Info
Every trip is a new experience, so be sure to come out often! See wildlife such as:
- Gray whales (November – May) – These friendly whales are up to 65 feet long!
- Blue whales (May – November) – They can grow up to 100 feet long and weigh up to 100 tons – you will not believe your eyes if you’re lucky enough to see one of these impressive marine mammals!
- These whales visit year-round – fin whales, humpback whales, minke whales, and more.
- Dolphins – Take memorable photos as schools of playful dolphins frolic around the boat!
- Sea lions, pelicans, and other seafaring birds, plus possible sightings of sharks (mako, hammerhead, and great white)
Take Care of the Environment
Join the Stand Up To Trash Community! Our focus is to clean our oceans and protect our beaches for future generations. We exist to make a difference and we’re so excited you want to be a part of it!
For more information, visit https://www.standuptotrash.com/
Balloons Blow provides information to educate people about the destructive effects released balloons have on animals, people, and the environment, and strives to inspire and promote an eco-conscious lifestyle.
For more information, visit https://balloonsblow.org
Also, we’ve seen an increasing amount of plastic pollution on our adventures. Plastic is not only clogging our landfills but is also finding its way into our waterways and oceans at an unprecedented rate.
For more information, visit COSTA SUNGLASSES Kick Plastic to help reduce the amount of plastic we use and to mobilize a movement.
Dana Point Whale Watching Adventures
Dana Wharf Sportfishing is proud to be a charter member of SAC, the Sportfishing Association of California. Dana Wharf Sportfishing and SAC are committed to the recreational sportfisherman, and you can also help by becoming a supporting member and participating in annual SAC events.