Join the coolest club in the sea – the Dana Wharf Kid’s Club! Includes a free 1/2-day fishing trip for 1 child and 1 adult, a free 2-hour whale watching trip, and more!
- Child Ages 3 - 12
Art Lessons in the Wild
Marine muralist Wyland continues the Landmark Whale and Dolphin Adventure “Art Lessons in the Wild,” facilitating the most creative experience on the water!
The mission of The Wyland Foundation is to give both children and adults alike the tools they need to become more creative through art. A portion of the ticket price will be donated back to the Wyland Foundation. Each child participant also receives a FREE gift from Wyland and there’s FREE coffee for the adults!
Create your own work-of-art aboard one of our Dana Wharf vessels that will be judged by Wyland himself, with multiple winners and a grand prize winner! At the end of each lesson, children will submit their drawings to be judged by Wyland himself!
The grand prize is a special work of art by Wyland himself, framed and signed, called “A Living Sea” valued at $2,000.
This 45-minute adventure includes:
- VIP boarding and a presentation and exclusive art lesson before the Whale Watching Trip, via video feed on the vessel, by renowned environmental artist, Wyland!
- Learn what inspired Wyland to create some of the best known marine wildlife paintings and sculptures of our era.
- After the art lesson, your child may depart free of charge, on a two-hour whale and dolphin watching adventure! Adults accompanying them.
This activity will be every Saturday starting at 9 a.m. for children 3-12 years old before our 10 a.m. Whale Watching Trip.
If you choose to go on the Whale Watching Adventure that immediately follows the art lesson, the cruise features:
- An up-close and personal experience – get closer to marine life and watch them from our stable platform.
- For more information call us at (949) 496-5794 ext.7
MUST purchase tickets for the whale and dolphin watching adventure separately.
Dana Wharf is exclusively endorsed by marine life artist Robert Wyland
Wyland’s Whale and Dolphin Adventure Art Lessons Past Winners
Last year’s grand prize winner was chosen from 250 Art Lesson in the Wild participants (in three age categories). The winner is eight-year-old, Caden Sheehan who attends Esencia School in Rancho Mission Viejo. Caden said he was inspired to draw marine life the first time he met Wyland at his gallery, and discovered his art. He participated in the program during this year’s Festival of Whales, as Caden is passionate about art and marine life and conservation. Caden’s imaginative contest submission depicts an underwater scene filled with playful whales and dolphins.
The grand prize was a Wyland limited edition oil painting, valued at $1,500, entitled “Ancient Mariner.” This unique painting brings together the fiery sunset in the vein of his abstract expressionist work, with the anatomically detailed realism of his renowned sea life. The result is a breathtaking look at nature that is pure Wyland.
The Art Lessons in the Wild contest runner-ups are:
• Kai Perino, 5-years-old (3-5 year-old category)
• Clara Penney, 10-years-old (9-12 year-old category)
• Anneka Neukomm, 12-years-old (9-12 year-old category)
Clara Penney, is from Wyland’s hometown of Detroit, Michigan. She recently gave a school report on Wyland and his environmental art, and was excited to participate in this Wyland art program when she was visiting California.
The runner-ups prizes included: their contest art work framed, a Wyland Whaling Wall book, a Wyland Calendar, a Wyland vintage sweatshirt, and four passes for whale watching excursions with Dana Wharf Sportfishing and Whale Watching.
DUE TO COVID 19 FOR YOUR SAFETY
- Masks will be required for all passengers and staff.
- Capacity will be significantly reduced to allow for maximum social distancing.
- More info about our commitment to your safety and comfort.