Have the whole boat to yourself on this private whale watching tour! Keep an eye out for dolphins, whales, and other sea life during your unique adventure.
- Adult Ages 13-54
- Child Ages 3-12
- Senior Ages 55+
- Military Active duty must show valid ID at check in
- Toddler Ages 2 and under
Go Whale and Dolphin Watching in Dana Point
Dana Wharf Whale Watching began in 1971 and was the first whale watching company in Orange County. We are the premier year-round whale watching facility in Southern California. If you are coming to whale watch, you want to do it from Dana Point with Dana Wharf, the pioneers of the industry.
All of our whale and dolphin watching cruises are narrated by our expert marine naturalist captains, who educate you on the abundant ocean life on our coast. Trips are all two hours long, giving us plenty of time to discover the world that lies beneath!
About the Dolphin & Whale Watch Adventure
Join Dana Point’s first (and the locals’ favorite) whale watching company and delight in the exciting sights and sounds of the magnificent ocean creatures at Dana Wharf. Known as a landmark for marine life sightings, Dana Wharf’s whale and dolphin watching adventures offer rare glimpses into a huge variety of underwater wildlife and gorgeous scenic views you’ll never forget.
Seasonally, we see over 1,500 gray whales, and in the summer we see blue whales. Year-round, we see fin whales, minke whales, humpback whales, and even sharks.
Every trip is a new experience, so be sure to come out often! Whale watching season is year-round, and marine mammal sightings are guaranteed, meaning that if you do not see a whale OR dolphin, we’ll give you a voucher for a free trip that never expires!
See wildlife such as:
- Gray whales (November – May) – These friendly whales are up to 65 feet long!
- Blue whales (May – November) – They can grow up to 100 feet long and weigh up to 100 tons – you will not believe your eyes if you’re lucky enough to see one of these impressive marine mammals!
- These whales visit year-round – fin whales, humpback whales, minke whales, and more.
- Dolphins – Take memorable photos as schools of playful dolphins frolic around the boat!
- Sea lions, pelicans, and other seafaring birds, plus possible sightings of sharks (mako, hammerhead, and great white).
Trips may be aboard our Ocean Adventure catamaran, the only catamaran with a raised viewing EYE SPY platform, not a net, so you never get wet!
Whale Watching & Event Specials
Whale Sightings Log
Private Whale and Dolphin Watching Tours Available!
See the whales, dolphins, other sea life, and breathtaking coastal views during your private and unique experience at Dana Point. Your captain and marine life expert will be your personal narrator during your two-hour adventure.