Dana Point - The Dolphin & Whale Watching Capital of the World™
Offering the world’s best year round dolphin and whale watching
- More dolphins per square mile than anywhere else in the world with over 450,000 dolphins.
- Dana Point made famous the “dolphin stampede.”
- Year-round whales include Blue Whales, Fin Whales, Gray Whales, Humpback Whales, and Minke Whales.
- A plethora of rare whales and dolphins including Killer Whales, Pilot Whales, Sperm Whales, False Killer Whales, Dall’s Porpoise and more.
- One of the best places in the world to view the largest animal to have ever lived on earth: the magnificent Blue Whale.
- Best small harbor with quick and easy accessibility to open ocean.
- Best year-round weather. Unlike many other locations, Dana Point usually has moderate weather and mild ocean conditions throughout the year.
- Underwater coastal canyons and large kelp beds within a mile of shore provide rich habitats for numerous species of marine life; including the kinds of fish that dolphins and whales love to eat!
- Unlike other Southern California harbors, Dana Point has no towering buildings, oil rigs or large ships that distort the whale watcher’s sense of the pristine and spectacular encounters.
- Home to the World’s First and longest running Annual Whale Festival, celebrating whales since 1971.
- Home to Orange County’s Large Whale Disentanglement Team
About Dana Wharf
Dana Wharf Sportfishing & Whale Watching is dedicated to helping locals and visitors alike enjoy the unique wonders of Dana Point Harbor and the Orange County coastline. The warm waters right out of Dana Point Harbor are flourishing with sea life including whales, dolphins, harbor seals, and California sea lions. Our thriving coastal waters provide bountiful fishing of sand bass, calico bass, halibut, bonito, yellowtail, yellowfin tuna, bluefin tuna, and dorado. Whether you’re looking for boat rentals in Dana Point to enjoy a private boat charter, sailboat or catamaran, coming for an awe-inspiring whale watching cruise or wanting to create memories onboard our sportfishing charters, one thing is for certain: your trip through the beautiful and scenic Orange County coast will be unforgettable. Dana Wharf is conveniently located in Dana Point, Orange County, just south of Newport Beach, Huntington Beach and Laguna Beach – about 30 minutes south of Disneyland, an hour south of Los Angeles and an hour north of San Diego.
Proud Partner of the World Cetacean Alliance
The World Cetacean Alliance (WCA) is the world’s largest Partnership working to protect whales, dolphins and porpoises (cetaceans). Partners of the WCA aim to conserve and protect cetaceans and their habitats in the world’s oceans, seas and rivers, to ensure their continued survival.
34675 Golden Lantern
Dana Point, CA 92629