Half-day and twilight Dana Point fishing trips are perfect for everyone, from novice to expert fishers! Enjoy the great outdoors on this unique half-day fishing trip.
Catch and Release
This year Dana Wharf Sportfishing and Coastal Conservation Association of California have partnered with sponsors to bring you our catch and release saltwater bass tournament. This tournament focuses on Calico and Sand bass in our local waters. Your participation in our tournament benefits CCA California and goes directly into efforts to advocate for angler rights to fish in California, and to support fisheries research, fish tagging, artificial reefs and many future events to come. This tournament does not have a cash payout, but you have opportunities to win from a generous pool of prizes provided by our sponsors.
June and July 2023
Enter on any of our ¾ day or ½ day and Twilight trips. The cost is $5 per angler after purchasing your full price ticket . It must be paid at the time of check-in, or online when booking your reservation . Entry must be paid for before the boat departs. Entry is only valid for the day it is purchased. To enter on a different day an additional ticket must be purchased. All ages are welcome to participate.
Ways to win:
- The monthly winner who catches the largest bass for the month will be awarded a 1-year membership to CCA California and a prize pack from our sponsors!
- Bring your entry wristband back into the office after your trip to be entered into the monthly raffle. Monthly Raffle will be a prize pack from our sponsors.
- To be valid for the bass tournament only legal live Calico bass (Paralabrax clathratus), and legal live barred sand bass (Paralabrax nebulifer), are eligible. Legal bass are defined as 14 inches.
- Crew members must be shown an entry ticket before fishing begins.
- Fish must be RELEASED by crew after weight and pictures are taken by crew members (if you catch a bass that you want weighed only the crew may release it after weight).
- Qualifying released fish are still eligible for the daily boat jackpot, and you must present the weigh slip to be eligible (separate fee paid on boat).
- Fish that are kept are not eligible.
- The fish that is caught must solely be caught by the angler who bought the entry ticket for that day, hook-and-hand fish or fish that was caught with crew assistance are not eligible. Captain has the final say.
- Only coastal trips are eligible (¾ day , ½ day and twilight) .
- Monthly winners can only win one time during the two month tournament.
All participants will receive a wristband that they will turn into office at end of day with name and number for prize drawing at end of month.
$150 Turners Outdoorsman gift card, Costa Glasses, CCA membership, 2-3/4 passes, and Daiwa rod
$150 Turners Outdoorsman gift card, CCA membership, and 2-3/4 passes
Monthly Winners (x2)
$25 Turners Outdoorsman gift card, Costa Glasses, CCA membership, Hogan’s Bait and Tackle gift bag, and 1-3/4 pass