Whale Watching Charters & Trips
Explore Our Fleet
- 95 feet
- Max Capacity Whale Watching: 149
- 2 Hour Whale Watching Charter – $3,200 (Includes Crew Gratuity & Certified Marine Naturalist)
- 42 feet
- Max Capacity Whale Watching: 10 – 15
- Private 2-Hour Whale and Dolphin Watching
- 4 Passengers + Captain & Crew
- 2 Hour Whale & Dolphin Watching: $450.00
- 63 feet
- Max Capacity Whale Watching: 59
- 2 Hour Whale Watching Charter – $2850 (Includes Crew Gratuity & Certified Marine Naturalist)
- 6 Passengers
- 28 feet
- Rates: 2 ½ hour Excursion: 90 min. on open water followed by 60 min.
Max Capacity Whale Watching: 45
2 Hour Whale Watching Charter
- 1-45 people – $1,500 + $150 Crew Gratuity
- 65 feet
- Max Capacity Whale Watching: 75
- Private 2 Hour Whale Watching Charter – $1,850 (Includes Crew Gratuity & Certified Marine Naturalist)
Whale Sightings (Jan. 2016 – Dec. 2016):
1363 Gray Whales, 390 Humpback Whales, 120 Fin Whales, 40 False Killer Whales, 61 Minke Whales, 118 Blue Whales, 2 Brydes Whale, 120 Killer Whales (Orca), 4 Basking Sharks, 12 Mola Mola (Ocean Sunfish), 6 Elephant Seals, 5 White Shark, 2 Mako Sharks, 3 Green Sea Turtles, 7 Hammerhead Sharks, 1 Pelagic Stingray, 1 Blue Shark , 1 Striped Marlin
Whale Sightings (Jan. 2014 – Dec. 2015):
29 Killer Whales (Orcas), 2052 Gray Whales, 478 Humpback Whales, 233 Fin Whales, 184 Minke Whales, 90+ False Killer Whales, 838 Blue Whales, 156 Pilot Whales, 100+ Sperm Whales, 21 Bryde’s Whales, 2 Whale Sharks, 5 Great White Sharks, 12 Mako Sharks, 13 Hammerhead Sharks, 1 Thresher Shark
Whale Sightings (May 2012 – Dec. 2013):
1078 Gray Whales, 750 Blue Whales, 21 Humpback Whales, 32 Fin Whales, 49 Minke Whales, 11 Killer Whales
Our sightings log is updated every Monday! Please note that there is NO better time for seeing whales or dolphin as they both move 24 hours/day!
About Dana Wharf
Dana Wharf Sportfishing & Whale Watching is dedicated to helping locals and visitors alike enjoy the unique wonders of Dana Point Harbor and the Orange County coastline. The warm waters right out of Dana Point Harbor are flourishing with sea life including whales, dolphins, harbor seals, and California sea lions. Our thriving coastal waters provide bountiful fishing of sand bass, calico bass, halibut, bonito, yellowtail, yellowfin tuna, bluefin tuna, and dorado. Whether you’re looking for boat rentals in Dana Point to enjoy a private boat charter, sailboat or catamaran, coming for an awe-inspiring whale watching cruise or wanting to create memories onboard our sportfishing charters, one thing is for certain: your trip through the beautiful and scenic Orange County coast will be unforgettable. Dana Wharf is conveniently located in Dana Point, Orange County, just south of Newport Beach, Huntington Beach and Laguna Beach – about 30 minutes south of Disneyland, an hour south of Los Angeles and an hour north of San Diego.
Proud Partner of the World Cetacean Alliance
The World Cetacean Alliance (WCA) is the world’s largest Partnership working to protect whales, dolphins and porpoises (cetaceans). Partners of the WCA aim to conserve and protect cetaceans and their habitats in the world’s oceans, seas and rivers, to ensure their continued survival.